Report by: Downstream Strategies of Morgantown
Downstream Strategies
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Report by: Downstream Strategies of Morgantown
Downstream Strategies
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
That was all I had to read to realize the 'study' had an agenda.Its authors are Downstream President Evan Hansen and Rory McIlmoil, a former community activist with Coal River Mountain Watch of Whitesville.
And all of those would result in a net job loss over coal.The report contends new jobs and tax revenues could be created by focusing on renewable energy like wind, solar and hydro power.
IOW, these energy sources aren't economically viable, so they must be foisted upon the public by any means necessary.It recommends a variety of laws and low-interest loan programs to support development of renewable energy sources.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
To produce enough power using windmills for the country at current usage you would have to cover the entire southwest with them.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Perhaps we should go upstream and pee on the downstream group?![]()
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
This area, along with the whole country, should definitely look into wind, solar and every other alternative energy. Not just one, one won't do it, but a combination of several can ease up a lot of usage. Coal won't be her forever, wind and the sun will, there would be a massive amount of jobs with this.
The key is that we shouldn't abandon the coal industry and the jobs produced by it in this area in the meantime though. Most groups like this Downstream Strategies are simply carrying the alternative energy flag not b/c they believe in the technology but moreso out of their hatred for the coal industry.
There's a lot more studying and mastering to be done on alternative energies before it becomes as viable as what we're using currently. Only at that crucial point to where it's as good or better than coal/oil can we say "let's switch".
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
I think elp you missed the sarcasm in my title.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
no no - I didnt miss it
I just got looking into it (to see the unbiased source myself) and decided to look up these highly qualified individuals, and read between their lines.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
And I never said abandon coal or make the other sources primary/switch right now, but it does need to be looked into, It could go a long way into helping this area, no doubt about it. I wasn't even talking about that group, or any, it's just common sense stuff that tells me that everyone should be looking into it.
Bookmarks